Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Please Cut Me Some Slack...

"Chicken Soup for the Sick, Blog-Slacker's Soul"
Photo taken from eatingwell.com which is a very
impressive website!
If you're mad at me, I understand. I haven't posted in about a week (I think) and I did not do a Make-me-laugh-Monday the past 2 Mondays. I'm mad at me too! The thing is, I have been doing a lot over the past week and to be honest the blog is not on the top of my mind right now.

To catch you up to speed, I have been preparing myself to start a new job, which I started yesterday- I'm SO excited about it by the way!! I have been diligently digging through my nice-ish clothes and deciding what I like/what I don't like and also what fits and what doesn't. I have also been brushing up on some materials from school that will be helpful in this position.

In addition to all of that, I have been sick, sick, sick! Somehow I managed to get through the entire Winter without even a sneeze (exaggerate much?) and now, just as I start a new job, I get a bad sore throat and head cold. I think it hit me now for 2 reasons: 1 is that it is the changing of the seasons and the weather has been crazy (it snowed today!) and 2 is because I have been so stressed out about finding a job lately that when I finally found one, I think my body just let go and felt it was "OK" to get sick.

Do you find that you get sick when you finally get a break from stress? This used to always happen to me after final exams just in time for Spring break or Summer. Ohhh, the irony of it all!
Stay well and if you are on Spring break or will be soon, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment