Friday, March 13, 2009

This is going to be a quick post because I have to get ready to go out with my mom. We're running errands and going to lunch for her birthday, which is tomorrow! Last night, my brother made my family dinner to celebrate. He is an AWESOME cook! He is not professionally trained, but he has trained under a great Chef who pretty much taught him everything he needs to know (or so it seems).

I took pictures of what he made, but they really don't do the meal justice, so I don't think he would want me to post them. I am so bummed about it! The lighting in our kitchen at night is horrible and my old camera (which is what I used) is terrible too.
I did take some pictures early in the day--when there was natural light-- of vegetables that I chopped to roast in the oven for dinner. It was a combo of eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, carrot, and a head of garlic. I have been wanting to do this for a while ever since I saw Giada do it on Everyday Italian.



All you do is chop the veggies and toss in olive oil, sea salt, and pepper and roast about 1/2 hour-45 minutes in the over at 400 degrees. The garlic is in the upper-righthand corner. You just cut off the top, drizzle a little olive oil, wrap in foil, and roast just like the vegetables.
This is such a simple way to get your vegetables in! As you can see, I made a TON, so the leftovers will help remind me to eat them through the week as well...I only wish I had thought of it sooner!
Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Maria, that is a great and simple recipe to get more veggies. Unfortunately, at the age of 22 I'm still learning to like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that sounds delicious.i especially like the garlic part. i was hoping you'd have a pic of your brother, i dont think ive ever seen one of him. not like it really matters, i just have curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gm- Me too! I would much rather eat fruit and even more, chocolate!

    Heather- Yeah roasted garlic is amazing- I like to spread it on crusty bread. And now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete